- 6 medium_piece zucchini (720g), sliced thickly lengthways
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (90g) sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 x 200g chicken thigh fillets, cut into thirds
- 1Spray zucchini with oil; cook on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or grill), in batches, 2 minutes each side or until tender. Place zucchini in a medium bowl; sprinkle with rind. Cover to keep warm.
- 2Combine pesto and chicken in a large bowl. Cook chicken on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue), brushing occasionally with pesto mixture, 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve chicken with zucchini.
Chicken and anything it is marinated in needs to be fully cooked to rid it of harmful bacteria. Wash any kitchen equipment that comes in contact with raw chicken thoroughly with warm soapy water. Chicken thighs are delicious, but are often overlooked in favour of breast fillets. The thigh is full of flavour and will not dry out as easily as the breast.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021