- 6 medium_piece zucchini (720g), sliced thickly lengthways
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (90g) sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 x 200g chicken thigh fillets, cut into thirds
- 1Spray zucchini with oil; cook on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or grill), in batches, 2 minutes each side or until tender. Place zucchini in a medium bowl; sprinkle with rind. Cover to keep warm.
- 2Combine pesto and chicken in a large bowl. Cook chicken on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue), brushing occasionally with pesto mixture, 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve chicken with zucchini.
Chicken and anything it is marinated in needs to be fully cooked to rid it of harmful bacteria. Wash any kitchen equipment that comes in contact with raw chicken thoroughly with warm soapy water. Chicken thighs are delicious, but are often overlooked in favour of breast fillets. The thigh is full of flavour and will not dry out as easily as the breast.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Aussie damperToday 12:41am
- Protein and bliss ballsYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free dessertsMar 27, 2020
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 26, 2020
- The best Italian recipesMar 26, 2020
- The big chocolate cookieMar 26, 2020
- RatatouilleMar 26, 2020
- Quince pasteMar 26, 2020
- Classic recipe for chocolate mousseMar 25, 2020
- Osso buccoMar 25, 2020
- Apple crumbleMar 25, 2020
- Ginger sticky date puddingMar 25, 2020
- Delicious recipes to try in your Air FryerMar 25, 2020
- Easy baking recipesMar 25, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMar 25, 2020