- 6 medium_piece zucchini (720g), sliced thickly lengthways
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (90g) sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 x 200g chicken thigh fillets, cut into thirds
- 1Spray zucchini with oil; cook on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or grill), in batches, 2 minutes each side or until tender. Place zucchini in a medium bowl; sprinkle with rind. Cover to keep warm.
- 2Combine pesto and chicken in a large bowl. Cook chicken on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue), brushing occasionally with pesto mixture, 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve chicken with zucchini.
Chicken and anything it is marinated in needs to be fully cooked to rid it of harmful bacteria. Wash any kitchen equipment that comes in contact with raw chicken thoroughly with warm soapy water. Chicken thighs are delicious, but are often overlooked in favour of breast fillets. The thigh is full of flavour and will not dry out as easily as the breast.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021