Looking for more potato salad recipes?
Perfect potato salad
- 1.5 kilogram desiree potatoes, sliced into 1cm rounds
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1/3 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 1/3 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 4 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
Perfect potato salad
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan of salted cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender. Drain well, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, to make mayonnaise, place the egg yolk and juice in a medium bowl; whisk until pale and creamy. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly, until mayonnaise is thick and creamy. Stir in mustard; season to taste with salt.
- 3Sprinkle vinegar over warm potatoes, toss gently. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Add half the mayonnaise, half the herbs and half the onions; toss gently to combine. Drizzle remaining mayonnaise over potatoes, top with remaining herbs and onions.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave. For a more substantial potato salad, add some hardboiled eggs or some finely chopped bacon; pan-fry until crisp, then drain on absorbent paper. Toss through salad just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020