Give this classic European salad a try with our easy recipe and enjoy the fresh parsley, mint and potato smothered in rich homemade mayonnaise.
Looking for more potato salad recipes?
Perfect potato salad
- 1.5 kilogram desiree potatoes, sliced into 1cm rounds
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1/3 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 1/3 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 4 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
Perfect potato salad
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan of salted cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender. Drain well, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, to make mayonnaise, place the egg yolk and juice in a medium bowl; whisk until pale and creamy. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly, until mayonnaise is thick and creamy. Stir in mustard; season to taste with salt.
- 3Sprinkle vinegar over warm potatoes, toss gently. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Add half the mayonnaise, half the herbs and half the onions; toss gently to combine. Drizzle remaining mayonnaise over potatoes, top with remaining herbs and onions.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave. For a more substantial potato salad, add some hardboiled eggs or some finely chopped bacon; pan-fry until crisp, then drain on absorbent paper. Toss through salad just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 1:26am
- Four ways with stuffingToday 12:00am
- 25 terrific tray bakesYesterday 10:52pm
- Baked beef sausages with rosemary and tomatoYesterday 10:00pm
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 9:00pm
- Traditional GozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut and pineapple sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- The ultimate lamb shanks recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Vegetarian sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieYesterday 6:13am
- 31 terrific tofu recipesYesterday 1:28am