- 8 green onions, trimmed, halved crossways
- 2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2.1 kilogram whole duck
- 1 lemon (140g), sliced thickly
- 5 centimetre piece fresh ginger (25g), sliced thickly
- 2 star anise
- 1Place onions over the base of a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 2Combine five-spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, honey and sauce in a small bowl.
- 3Remove excess fat from duck cavity, then cut off the neck and discard with the fat. Rub salt mixture over duck. Fill cavity with lemon, ginger and star-anise. Transfer duck to the cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 6 hours.
Peking became known in the West as Beijing after the government of the day applied the Latin alphabet to their language; however, Beijing is still known as Peking by the locals.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022