- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup icing-sugar mixture
- 125 gram butter, cold, chopped
- 1 egg-yolk
- whipped thickened cream, to serve
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, plus extra, to serve
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 40 gram melted butter
- 1Lightly grease a 23cm loose-bottom flan pan.
- 2Sift flour and icing sugar together into a large bowl. Rub in butter using fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs Add egg-yolk and mix until dough comes together.
- 3Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes
- 4Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Ease into pan. Trim edges. Chill 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat oven to moderate, 180°C.
- 6Place pan on an oven tray. Bake blind 10-15 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Bake a further 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 160°C.
- 7Make Filling; in a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients. Pour into pastry case.
- 8Bake 35-40 minutes, until set. Allow to cool. Decorate with whipped cream and extra pecans.
Toast nuts by tossing in a dry frying pan over medium heat or baking in a moderate over, 180°C, 5-10 minutes. Remove from hot pan straight away to prevent burning.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020