- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup icing-sugar mixture
- 125 gram butter, cold, chopped
- 1 egg-yolk
- whipped thickened cream, to serve
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, plus extra, to serve
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 40 gram melted butter
- 1Lightly grease a 23cm loose-bottom flan pan.
- 2Sift flour and icing sugar together into a large bowl. Rub in butter using fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs Add egg-yolk and mix until dough comes together.
- 3Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes
- 4Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Ease into pan. Trim edges. Chill 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat oven to moderate, 180°C.
- 6Place pan on an oven tray. Bake blind 10-15 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Bake a further 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 160°C.
- 7Make Filling; in a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients. Pour into pastry case.
- 8Bake 35-40 minutes, until set. Allow to cool. Decorate with whipped cream and extra pecans.
Toast nuts by tossing in a dry frying pan over medium heat or baking in a moderate over, 180°C, 5-10 minutes. Remove from hot pan straight away to prevent burning.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019