- 20 g butter
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1½ cups (290g) pearl couscous
- 2½ cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 250 g grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small (180g) zucchini, sliced
- 6 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter then cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
- 2Add the couscous and stock; cover, cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Stand covered for 10 minutes.
- 3Transfer the couscous mixture to a bowl; cool, stirring every couple of minutes.
- 4Once cooled, stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, onion and herbs. To make dressing, whisk the juice, oil and salt together in a bowl.
- 5Just before serving, toss dressing through the salad.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.Reserve one sprig of mint before chopping the bunch to sprinkle on top for serving, if you like. Recipe can be prepared to the end of step 4 up to 6 hours ahead. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleToday 6:11am
- Sugar-free recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy cheesecake slicesYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 traditional Australian recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Dark and dreamy chocolate cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020