- 20 g butter
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1½ cups (290g) pearl couscous
- 2½ cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 250 g grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small (180g) zucchini, sliced
- 6 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter then cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
- 2Add the couscous and stock; cover, cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Stand covered for 10 minutes.
- 3Transfer the couscous mixture to a bowl; cool, stirring every couple of minutes.
- 4Once cooled, stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, onion and herbs. To make dressing, whisk the juice, oil and salt together in a bowl.
- 5Just before serving, toss dressing through the salad.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.Reserve one sprig of mint before chopping the bunch to sprinkle on top for serving, if you like. Recipe can be prepared to the end of step 4 up to 6 hours ahead. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladJan 14, 2021
- Grilled vegetable and ricotta stackJan 14, 2021
- Lemon sliceJan 14, 2021
- Acai breakfast bowlJan 14, 2021
- LabneJan 14, 2021
- Classic mashed potatoesJan 14, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 14, 2021
- Canned tuna recipesJan 14, 2021
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamJan 14, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceJan 14, 2021
- Baba ghanoushJan 13, 2021
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsJan 13, 2021
- The ultimate collection of tasty dipsJan 13, 2021
- ShortbreadJan 13, 2021