- 20 g butter
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1½ cups (290g) pearl couscous
- 2½ cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 250 g grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small (180g) zucchini, sliced
- 6 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter then cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
- 2Add the couscous and stock; cover, cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Stand covered for 10 minutes.
- 3Transfer the couscous mixture to a bowl; cool, stirring every couple of minutes.
- 4Once cooled, stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, onion and herbs. To make dressing, whisk the juice, oil and salt together in a bowl.
- 5Just before serving, toss dressing through the salad.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.Reserve one sprig of mint before chopping the bunch to sprinkle on top for serving, if you like. Recipe can be prepared to the end of step 4 up to 6 hours ahead. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022