- 20 g butter
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1½ cups (290g) pearl couscous
- 2½ cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 250 g grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small (180g) zucchini, sliced
- 6 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter then cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent.
- 2Add the couscous and stock; cover, cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Stand covered for 10 minutes.
- 3Transfer the couscous mixture to a bowl; cool, stirring every couple of minutes.
- 4Once cooled, stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, onion and herbs. To make dressing, whisk the juice, oil and salt together in a bowl.
- 5Just before serving, toss dressing through the salad.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.Reserve one sprig of mint before chopping the bunch to sprinkle on top for serving, if you like. Recipe can be prepared to the end of step 4 up to 6 hours ahead. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateYesterday 1:00pm
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoYesterday 1:00pm
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020