Pear cranberry pie
- 2 cup (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 150 gram cold unsalted butter, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (125ml) iced water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 400 gram frozen cranberries
- 7 (1.6kg) medium pears
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
Pear cranberry pie
- 1Process flour and butter until crumbly, add enough of the water to bring ingredients together. Press dough into a ball. Cover, refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Make cranberry filling. Combine ingredients in medium saucepan, simmer, stirring, about 10 minutes or until syrupy. Remove from heat, cool.
- 3Make pear filling. Peel, quarter, core and slice pears thinly, place in large saucepan with the water. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until pear is tender. Drain pear, discard liquid. Stir sugar into pear, cool.
- 4Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced).
- 5Divide pastry in half. Roll one half between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line deep 25cm (10-inch) pie dish. Lift pastry into dish, ease into base and side. Spoon cranberry filling into pastry case, top with pear filling. Brush pastry edge with a little combined egg and milk.
- 6Roll remaining pastry until large enough to cover top of pie, press edges together with fork to seal. Trim away excess pastry. Brush top of pie with egg mixture, sprinkle with sugar.
- 7Bake pie 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced), bake further 30 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021