- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup organic panela or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 10.5cm x 22cm loaf pan; line base and two opposite sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over long sides.
- 2Beat eggs, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes or until light and creamy. Stir in flour, almond meal, butter and buttermilk, then gently fold in pear and raspberries.
- 3Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with flaked almonds. Bake for about 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer - don’t test the loaf through a crack. Turn loaf, right way up, onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4Serve sliced, spread with extra butter, if desired.
The pears should be firm but not hard. It’s important they are beginning to ripen so they have a lot of natural sugar which helps to sweeten this loaf. Panela is an unrefined whole cane sugar, available from some large supermarkets and health food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Nectarine and almond tarte tatinToday 2:23am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- 17 sensational seafood stews and casserolesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy snacks to get you through the dayYesterday 1:00pm
- Beer-battered fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- 23 fish cakes recipes for easy dinnersYesterday 1:00pm
- 36 vegan dinners for the familyYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingYesterday 1:00pm
- Baked caramel cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 1:00pm