- 3/4 cup (75g) hazelnut meal
- 80 gram butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 egg
- 1 (445g) packet Careme sour cream shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 3 large (1kg) beurre bosc pears (or 4 small)
- icing sugar and vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced) Line a large 30cm x 40cm oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Combine hazelnut meal, butter, sugar, vanilla and egg in a medium bowl; stir until smooth.
- 3Place pastry on the prepared tray. Roll over the sides by 1cm to create an edge.
- 4Spread the hazelnut mixture evenly over the pastry. Halve and core the pears; slice thinly, leaving the top intact. Fan the pears over the hazelnut mixture.
- 5Bake tart on the bottom shelf for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 180°C (160°C fan-forced); bake for a further 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
- 6Dust with sifted icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice-cream, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitToday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesYesterday 11:15pm
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019