- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seed or other nut-free seed butter
- 270 millilitre canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon tamari, extra
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce, extra
- 12 chicken tenderloins (640g)
- 200 gram snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- 2 cup (300g) cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1Heat a small heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; cook nut-free butter and coconut milk, without boiling, stirring until smooth. Stir in tamari, sweet chilli sauce and juice; cook, stirring for 1 minute or until hot.
- 2Combine extra tamari and extra sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. Thread chicken onto 12 skewers; season. Cook chicken on a heated, oiled grill pan (or barbecue or grill) for about 2 minutes each side or until cooked through; brush with half the tamari mixture in the final minute of cooking.
- 3Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave snow peas until just tender. Combine snow peas with remaining tamari mixture until coated.
- 4Serve chicken on rice with snow peas and satay sauce; sprinkle with coriander.
Serve with stir-fried asian greens. You need to cook ⅔ cup jasmine rice for the amount of cooked rice needed. We used a peanut-butter-style, nut-free butter made from roasted sunflower seeds; available smooth and crunchy, from healthfood stores, some larger supermarkets and online.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeAug 23, 2019
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019