- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seed or other nut-free seed butter
- 270 millilitre canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon tamari, extra
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce, extra
- 12 chicken tenderloins (640g)
- 200 gram snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- 2 cup (300g) cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1Heat a small heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; cook nut-free butter and coconut milk, without boiling, stirring until smooth. Stir in tamari, sweet chilli sauce and juice; cook, stirring for 1 minute or until hot.
- 2Combine extra tamari and extra sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. Thread chicken onto 12 skewers; season. Cook chicken on a heated, oiled grill pan (or barbecue or grill) for about 2 minutes each side or until cooked through; brush with half the tamari mixture in the final minute of cooking.
- 3Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave snow peas until just tender. Combine snow peas with remaining tamari mixture until coated.
- 4Serve chicken on rice with snow peas and satay sauce; sprinkle with coriander.
Serve with stir-fried asian greens. You need to cook ⅔ cup jasmine rice for the amount of cooked rice needed. We used a peanut-butter-style, nut-free butter made from roasted sunflower seeds; available smooth and crunchy, from healthfood stores, some larger supermarkets and online.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vietnamese beef brisketYesterday 6:52am
- Baked rice custardYesterday 5:26am
- Espresso martini cocktailMay 28, 2020
- All the classic curry recipesMay 28, 2020
- Braised beef brisketMay 28, 2020
- Pressure Cooker Beef BourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Hasselback potatoesMay 28, 2020
- All of our best nachos recipesMay 28, 2020
- Camp oven lamb roast with vegetablesMay 28, 2020
- Beef and mushroom family pieMay 28, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Mulled wineMay 28, 2020
- Vegetarian pasta recipesMay 28, 2020
- Brown rice congee with fried garlicMay 27, 2020