- 8 slices white bread (360g)
- 2/3 cup (180g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (110g) strawberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 40 grams (1½oz) butter
- 1Spread 4 slices of the bread with peanut butter. Spread remaining slices of bread with jam. Sandwich one peanut butter and one jam bread slice together to make four peanut butter and jam sandwiches.
- 2Lightly whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl to combine. Dip sandwiches, one at a time, into egg mixture. Melt 10g (½oz) butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; cook one sandwich for 3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, using 10g (½oz) butter for each.
- 3Cut toasts in half; serve hot with whipped cream and fresh strawberries, dusted with sifted icing sugar, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019