- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 300 millilitre thickened (heavy) cream
- 200 gram chocolate-coated peanut brittle, chopped finely
- 12 store-bought cannoli shells (150g)
- icing (confectioners') sugar, for dusting
- 300 millilitre pouring cream
- 100 gram dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1Make chocolate sauce: Heat cream in a small saucepan until almost boiling; remove from heat. Add chocolate, whisk until smooth.
- 2Beat vanilla and cream in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form; stir in 150g of the brittle.
- 3Fit a large piping bag with a large plain tube; fill with brittle cream. Pipe filling into cannoli shells; dust with sifted icing sugar. Serve cannoli with chocolate sauce and remaining brittle.
Peanut brittle is available from major supermarkets and confectionery stores. If you don't have a piping bag, simply use a ziptop bag; fill bag with cream mixture, twist and snip a 1cm (½-inch) hole from one corner. For a more traditional filling, process 150g (4½ ounces) ricotta until smooth; beat ½ cup pouring cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold ricotta, cream and brittle together until combined.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021