- 410 gram can sliced peaches in syrup, drained, syrup reserved
- 200 gram butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup black poppy seeds
- 2 cup flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
Syrup and to serve
- 410 gram can peach halves in syrup
- a few springs lemon thyme
- greek yoghurt, to serve
- 1Grease and line the base of a 23cm angel food cake tin. Preheat the oven to 160°C fanbake.
- 2Lay drained peach slices in a fan pattern in base of tin, in a single layer. Finely chop leftover slices and reserve.
- 3Cream together butter and sugar.
- 4Add eggs singly, beating well. Fold in seeds, flour, baking powder, milk, chopped peaches and reserved syrup.
- 5Pour mixture into tin and bake for about 60–70 minutes until cooked and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Syrup and to serve
- 6Pour contents of can of peach halves into a pot. Add thyme, bring to boil then remove immediately from heat. Leave to cool and infuse while cake is cooking.
- 7Remove cake from oven and cool in tin then invert onto a plate.
- 8Place peach halves on top, letting them fall into centre cavity (you can chop some of them into smaller pieces if preferred), then pour on thyme syrup. Serve with Greek yoghurt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 lovely lentil recipesToday 12:40am
- Grilled haloumi, white nectarine & kohlrabi saladYesterday 2:04am
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019