Peach melba cakes
- 90 gram butter, softened
- 1 vanilla bean, cut in half lengthways, seeds scraped
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup (180ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 2 medium peaches (300g), sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 cup (150g) frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
Peach melba cakes
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease six 1-cup (250ml) straight-sided glass jars.
- 2Beat butter, vanilla seeds, sugar, eggs, sifted flour and milk in a small bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium; beat until mixture has changed to a paler colour. Drop ¹⁄³ cup of the mixture into jars.
- 3Place jars in a large baking dish. Pour boiling water into baking dish until water comes halfway up sides of jars. Bake about 40 minutes. Remove jars from dish; cool cakes in jars.
- 4Meanwhile, make raspberry sauce: Heat raspberries and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until raspberries start to break down and sauce thickens. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes or until cold.
- 5Whip cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form.
- 6Top cold cakes evenly with raspberry sauce, then dollops of cream, peach slices and almonds.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaAug 08, 2022
- Gluten free basic biscuitsAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022
- Veal braciole with rice and peasAug 08, 2022
- Beef mince and rice burritosAug 08, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022