- 60 gram butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2/3 cup (80g) ground almonds
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 500 gram peaches, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 teaspoon demerara sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2To make frangipane, beat butter, extract and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg until combined; stir in ground almonds and flour.
- 3Cut pastry sheets in half. Place two halves on tray. Spread with frangipane, leaving a 2cm border. Top with peach slices, brush with lemon juice.
- 4Gently fold remaining pastry in half lengthways. Cut through folded edge of pastry at 1.5cm intervals, leaving a 2cm border on three open sides. Carefully unfold cut pastry strip, place over peaches. Press edges of pastry together. Brush pastry with egg; sprinkle with sugar.
- 5Bake jalousie about 20 minutes or until pastry is browned.
- 6Stand jalousie 10 minutes before serving.
Nectarines, apricots or berries would be delicious in place of the peaches. serving suggestion Serve with thick (double) cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022