- 2 peaches
- 6 (sheets) fillo pastry
- 60 gram butter, melted
- 3 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam, warmed, sieved
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Halve peaches, discard seeds; slice peach halves thinly.
- 3Place two pastry sheets on clean board; brush lightly with a third of the butter. Top with two more pastry sheets; brush lightly with half of the remaining butter. Repeat layering with remaining pastry and butter.
- 4Fold pastry in half to form a square; cut 22cm-diameter circle from pastry square. Arrange peach slices on pastry circle; sprinkle with sugar.
- 5Bake about 20 minutes or until galette browns. Serve warm galette brushed with jam.
Cover the pastry with greaseproof paper then a damp towel when you are working with it, to prevent it drying out. Nectarines, apricots, apples, plums and pears are all suitable fruits to use in place of the peaches.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020