- 2 peaches
- 6 (sheets) fillo pastry
- 60 gram butter, melted
- 3 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam, warmed, sieved
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Halve peaches, discard seeds; slice peach halves thinly.
- 3Place two pastry sheets on clean board; brush lightly with a third of the butter. Top with two more pastry sheets; brush lightly with half of the remaining butter. Repeat layering with remaining pastry and butter.
- 4Fold pastry in half to form a square; cut 22cm-diameter circle from pastry square. Arrange peach slices on pastry circle; sprinkle with sugar.
- 5Bake about 20 minutes or until galette browns. Serve warm galette brushed with jam.
Cover the pastry with greaseproof paper then a damp towel when you are working with it, to prevent it drying out. Nectarines, apricots, apples, plums and pears are all suitable fruits to use in place of the peaches.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020