- 2 peaches
- 6 (sheets) fillo pastry
- 60 gram butter, melted
- 3 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam, warmed, sieved
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Halve peaches, discard seeds; slice peach halves thinly.
- 3Place two pastry sheets on clean board; brush lightly with a third of the butter. Top with two more pastry sheets; brush lightly with half of the remaining butter. Repeat layering with remaining pastry and butter.
- 4Fold pastry in half to form a square; cut 22cm-diameter circle from pastry square. Arrange peach slices on pastry circle; sprinkle with sugar.
- 5Bake about 20 minutes or until galette browns. Serve warm galette brushed with jam.
Cover the pastry with greaseproof paper then a damp towel when you are working with it, to prevent it drying out. Nectarines, apricots, apples, plums and pears are all suitable fruits to use in place of the peaches.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022