- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 180 gram butter, melted
- 6 egg whites
- 410 gram can peach slices in natural juice, drained, chopped
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease a 12-hole friand pan (or muffin pan).
- 2In a large bowl, combine icing sugar, almond meal and flour. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and blend in butter, stirring gently until just combined.
- 3In a clean bowl, lightly whisk egg whites until frothy and fold through almond mixture. Blend in 3/4 of the chopped peaches.
- 4Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan. Top each with a couple of pieces of reserved peaches.
- 5Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar.
Drain peach slices well on paper towel before chopping.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cheese and silverbeet borekYesterday 2:00pm
- 42 perfect puddingsYesterday 2:00pm
- 39 amazing avocado recipes that are more than just guac or smashYesterday 12:59am
- 35 very vegetarian pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 44 perfect pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 41 creative ideas with cabbageJun 28, 2022
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesJun 28, 2022
- Chicken and fennel tray bakeJun 28, 2022
- Soft polentaJun 28, 2022
- Shaved cabbage with pecorino balsamicJun 28, 2022
- Princess-themed birthday cakesJun 28, 2022
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022