- 1 cup (250ml) dark underproof rum
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 6 medium lemons (840g), halved widthways
- 4 large firm peaches (880g), quartered
- 6 black tea bags
- 1 cup (200g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1.5 litre (6 cups) boiling water
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cup ice cubes
- 1Place rum, cinnamon and cloves in a clean screw-top jar; shake well to combine. Set aside in a cool, dark place for 3 days, shaking the jar once a day.
- 2On the day of serving, cook lemons, cut-side down, on a heated chargrill plate (or barbecue) for 2 minutes or until caramelised. Cook peaches on chargrill plate for 1 minute each side or until slightly charred. Cool.
- 3Place tea bags, sugar and the water in a large heatproof jug, stir to dissolve sugar; leave to steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Cool tea mixture to room temperature.
- 4Pour tea mixture into a serving jug. Squeeze juice from chargrilled lemons into tea mixture, then add lemon halves. Add rum mixture, chargrilled peaches, mint and ice.
If you don’t use the rum straight away, strain it after 3 days and reserve the infused rum and the spices to garnish. You could also buy spiced rum to save time. The peaches will stick to the grill a little, but the caramelisation from charring them adds to the flavour of the drink.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019