Peach and rose tart
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar
- 125 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon iced water, approximately
- 10 rose geranium leaves, washed, dried
- 4 medium (600g) ripe peaches
- 100 gram butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (90g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 eggs
Peach and rose frangipane tart
- 1Process flour, sugar and butter until combined. Add egg yolk and water; process until the ingredients just come together. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Shape into a disc; wrap in plastic, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2To make frangipane, process the butter, almond meal, sugar and flour until it forms a paste. Add the eggs; process until combined.
- 3Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line a 25cm-round loose-based flan tin. Ease pastry into tin, press into side; trim edge. Place tin on an oven tray. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line pastry with sheet of baking paper; fill with dried beans or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake for a further 10 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cool.
- 5Tear geranium leaves into small pieces; arrange over pastry base, spoon and spread frangipane over base.
- 6Halve peaches and remove seeds. Peel and cut each half into 3 wedges. Arrange wedges on top of frangipane. Bake tart for about 40 minutes or until brown and set.
- 7Dust tart with a little sifted extra icing sugar. Serve with vanilla ice-cream or pouring cream and a drizzle of honey.
Tart shell suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022