- 4 small peaches (460g), halved
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 medium apples (300g), grated coarsely
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups (240g) almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup (45g) roasted unsalted shelled pistachios, chopped coarsely
- 1½ tablespoons honey, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Cut 12 x 12cm (4-inch) squares from baking paper; line 12 x ⅓ cup (80ml) ovenproof pots with paper squares (see notes).
- 2Thinly slice 3 of the peaches. Coarsely chop remaining peach; blend or process to a coarse puree. Fold peach puree through yoghurt in a small bowl. Cover; refrigerate until required.
- 3Place apple, egg, milk, honey, almond meal and baking powder in a large bowl; mix until just combined. Spoon mixture into pots; push peach slices 2cm (¾ inch) into the top of the batter.
- 4Bake cakes for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- 5Before serving, top cakes with pistachios; drizzle with extra honey. Serve warm or at room temperature with peach yoghurt.
This recipe is best made on the day of serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022