- 2½ cups (375g) frozen broad beans (see tips)
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons dill sprigs, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini (240g), shaved lengthways into ribbons
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups (320g) fresh shelled peas (see tips)
- ⅓ cup (80g) soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- snow pea tendrils, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Blanch broad beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until just tender; drain. Refresh under cold running water; drain well. Peel and discard the beige skin.
- 3Whisk eggs, buttermilk, herbs and breadcrumbs in a large bowl; season.
- 4Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat; cook zucchini and green onion, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, peas and peeled broad beans; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer half the vegetable mixture to a bowl; reserve to serve.
- 5Place remaining vegetable mixture in an oiled 24cm (9½in) loose-based fluted tart tin on an oven tray. Pour over egg mixture; gently shake pan to distribute mixture.
- 6Carefully place tart tin on tray in oven; bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden and egg is set. Serve frittata topped with reserved vegetable mixture, crumbled goat's cheese and snow pea tendrils.
If fresh broad beans in the pod are available, you will need to buy 1.125kg (2¼lb). Remove the outer long green pod (shell), then blanch as for frozen beans in step 2 to remove the beige skin that surrounds each bean. You will need to buy 750g (1½lb) fresh peas in the pod for the amount of shelled peas required; reserve a few pods for serving, if you like. Alternatively, you can use frozen peas instead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm