- 1 cup (150g) buckwheat flour
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (360g) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 cups (170g) loosely packed shredded kale leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (140g) lemon, rind finely grated, cut into wedges
- 2 x 150g hot-smoked salmon fillets, flaked into large pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F.
- 2Whisk buckwheat flour, ½ cup of the yoghurt and the eggs in a large bowl; season well. Add peas and kale; stir until well combined.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add four heaped 1/3 cupfuls of fritter mixture to pan; cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to an oven tray, cover loosely with foil; keep warm on the lowest oven shelf. Repeat twice more with remaining oil and fritter mixture to make 12 fritters.
- 4Whisk remaining yoghurt with lemon rind; season.
- 5Top fritters with yoghurt mixture, salmon and herbs. Serve with lemon wedges.
To prepare kale, tear the leaves from the stalks; discard stalks. Coarsely shred the kale leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Veal braciole with rice and peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef mince and rice burritosYesterday 3:11am
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022