- 1 cup (150g) buckwheat flour
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (360g) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 cups (170g) loosely packed shredded kale leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (140g) lemon, rind finely grated, cut into wedges
- 2 x 150g hot-smoked salmon fillets, flaked into large pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F.
- 2Whisk buckwheat flour, ½ cup of the yoghurt and the eggs in a large bowl; season well. Add peas and kale; stir until well combined.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add four heaped 1/3 cupfuls of fritter mixture to pan; cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to an oven tray, cover loosely with foil; keep warm on the lowest oven shelf. Repeat twice more with remaining oil and fritter mixture to make 12 fritters.
- 4Whisk remaining yoghurt with lemon rind; season.
- 5Top fritters with yoghurt mixture, salmon and herbs. Serve with lemon wedges.
To prepare kale, tear the leaves from the stalks; discard stalks. Coarsely shred the kale leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019
- White ChristmasNov 13, 2019
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseNov 13, 2019
- How to make basic sconesNov 13, 2019
- Caesar saladNov 13, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladNov 13, 2019
- Meatloaf recipe - classicNov 13, 2019
- Lemon meringue pieNov 13, 2019
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeNov 13, 2019
- Curried sausagesNov 13, 2019
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019