- 1 cup (150g) buckwheat flour
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (360g) frozen peas, thawed
- 6 cups (170g) loosely packed shredded kale leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (140g) lemon, rind finely grated, cut into wedges
- 2 x 150g hot-smoked salmon fillets, flaked into large pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F.
- 2Whisk buckwheat flour, ½ cup of the yoghurt and the eggs in a large bowl; season well. Add peas and kale; stir until well combined.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add four heaped 1/3 cupfuls of fritter mixture to pan; cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to an oven tray, cover loosely with foil; keep warm on the lowest oven shelf. Repeat twice more with remaining oil and fritter mixture to make 12 fritters.
- 4Whisk remaining yoghurt with lemon rind; season.
- 5Top fritters with yoghurt mixture, salmon and herbs. Serve with lemon wedges.
To prepare kale, tear the leaves from the stalks; discard stalks. Coarsely shred the kale leaves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chilli barbecued haloumi recipe with zucchini saladYesterday 4:00pm
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019