- 6 egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 600 millilitre thickened cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 2 large (1.2kg) mangoes, peeled, sliced thickly
- 4 fresh passionfruit
- nasturtium or mint leaves, to serve
- 1Preheat the oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Grease an ovenproof serving platter with a little softened butter; dust with a little cornflour, shake away excess. (Or, draw a 22cm round on baking paper; invert paper onto a lightly greased large oven tray.)
- 2Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until sugar dissolves between additions. Continue beating until the sugar is completely dissolved at this stage.
- 3Reduce speed to low; beat in cornflour and vinegar until just combined.
- 4Spoon meringue on prepared platter to about 22cm round; mixture will spread slightly. Use the back of a spoon to shape the side of the pavlova. Make a slight indent in the top.
- 5Bake, uncovered, for about 1½ hours or until dry to touch. Turn the oven off; cool pavlova in the oven with the door slightly ajar.
- 6Just before serving, beat cream, vanilla and icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spoon cream over the pavlova, top with mango, passionfruit pulp and leaves.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. If you are cooking the pavlova on the serving platter, make sure it will fit into your oven before you start. There are many sturdy porcelain inexpensive serving platters available. Don't use delicate bone china or highly decorated platters.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022