Pavlova fruit roll
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar, extra
- 2 cup (500ml) thickened (heavy) cream, whipped
- 250 gram (8 ounces) strawberries, halved
- 1 kiwifruit (85g), sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon passionfruit pulp
Pavlova fruit roll
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease 26cm x 32cm (10-inch x 13-inch) swiss roll pan; line base with baking paper, extending paper 5cm (2 inches) over long sides of pan.
- 2Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves. Spread mixture into pan. Bake about 10 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 3Sprinkle extra sugar over piece of baking paper larger than pan. Turn meringue onto sugared paper; gently peel away lining paper. Stand meringue 2 minutes.
- 4Spread a third of the whipped cream over slightly warm meringue. Place strawberries and kiwifruit lengthways along centre of meringue. Using paper as a guide, roll meringue firmly from long side. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes. Trim ends; cover top of meringue roll with remaining cream, decorate with passionfruit pulp. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
You need two passionfruit for this recipe. This recipe can be made three hours ahead; store, covered, in the refrigerator. Experiment with different types of fruit, such as berries, mango, peach or nectarine.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesToday 1:54am
- Christmas in July recipesToday 1:30am
- Sustainable chowderYesterday 2:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make a chocolate hazelnut cheesecake in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make classic chocolate brownies in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti marinaraYesterday 2:00pm
- Seafood chowderYesterday 2:00pm
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best homemade sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best hummus recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020