- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 150 gram strawberries, sliced thinly
- 150 gram blueberries
- 120 gram raspberries
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C/100°C fan-forced. Grease and line oven tray with baking paper; trace an 18cm circle on paper.
- 2Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves between additions. Fold in cornflour and vinegar.
- 3Spread meringue inside circle on tray; level top with spatula. Bake, uncovered, about 1¼ hours or until meringue is firm. Cool meringue in oven with door ajar.
- 4Beat cream, extract and sifted icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Serve meringue topped with cream mixture and fruit.
Pavlova meringue can be made up to four days ahead, then topped with cream mixture and fruit up to one hour before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021