- 375 gram farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 3 medium (280g) green zucchini
- 3 medium (280g) yellow zucchini or squash
- 30 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 75 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh chives
- shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of well-salted boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain. Return to the pan to keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, halve zucchini lengthways and slice thinly on the diagonal.
- 3Heat the butter and olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan; cook zucchini and garlic over high heat, stirring, until zucchini is just tender. Add stock; bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat, add cream, rind, spinach and chives. Stir until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Add pasta to zucchini mixture in pan; toss gently to combine. Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
If you can't find farfalle, you can use any other short pasta you like.