- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar, plus extra, to serve
- 100 gram butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup cream
- 4 passionfruit
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Blitz flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until loosely combined. Add egg, process until dough just comes together.
- 2Turn dough out onto a lightly floured workbench, knead lightly. Shape into a flat disc. Wrap in plastic food wrap and chill, 1 hour.
- 3Lightly grease a 25cm round (base diameter) fluted tart pan with removable base. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper large enough to line prepared pan. Ease into pan, trim excess pastry. Place pan on a baking tray. Chill, 15 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Line pastry with baking paper, cover base with dried beans, rice or pie weights. Bake, 15 minutes.
- 5Remove weights and paper, bake 5 minutes more, or until golden. Remove from oven, reduce temperature to 160°C/140°C fan forced.
- 6Whisk eggs, sugar and cream until combined. Whisk in passionfruit pulp and juice. Strain into a jug, discarding half the seeds. Stir remaining seeds into mixture.
- 7Pour into pastry case. Bake, 30 minutes, or until almost set. Cool. Dust with extra icing sugar before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesYesterday 11:00pm
- Roast lambYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheese delightsYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesecake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef silverside with parsley chat potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our favourite family roastsYesterday 2:00pm
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020