- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar, plus extra, to serve
- 100 gram butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup cream
- 4 passionfruit
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Blitz flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until loosely combined. Add egg, process until dough just comes together.
- 2Turn dough out onto a lightly floured workbench, knead lightly. Shape into a flat disc. Wrap in plastic food wrap and chill, 1 hour.
- 3Lightly grease a 25cm round (base diameter) fluted tart pan with removable base. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper large enough to line prepared pan. Ease into pan, trim excess pastry. Place pan on a baking tray. Chill, 15 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Line pastry with baking paper, cover base with dried beans, rice or pie weights. Bake, 15 minutes.
- 5Remove weights and paper, bake 5 minutes more, or until golden. Remove from oven, reduce temperature to 160°C/140°C fan forced.
- 6Whisk eggs, sugar and cream until combined. Whisk in passionfruit pulp and juice. Strain into a jug, discarding half the seeds. Stir remaining seeds into mixture.
- 7Pour into pastry case. Bake, 30 minutes, or until almost set. Cool. Dust with extra icing sugar before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022