Love melting moments but not a fan of passionfruit? We have classic lemon, chocolate and more to choose from in our melting moments collection.
- 3 passionfruit
- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (80g) soft icing sugar
- 1 2/3 cup (250g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) cornflour
Passionfruit butter cream
- 80 gram butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (100g) soft icing sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately slow 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line three baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Remove pulp from passionfruit, place pulp into a fine sieve and press down with the back of a spoon. You will need 1 tablespoon of passionfruit juice for the Passionfruit Butter Cream.
- 3Beat the butter, vanilla and sifted icing sugar with an electric mixer until pale. Stir in combined sifted flours in two batches then stir in passionfruit pulp.
- 4With lightly floured hands, roll two level teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on oven tray about 3cm apart. Dip a fork into a little extra flour, press biscuits lightly.
- 5Bake in moderately slow oven for about 15 minutes or until biscuits are a pale straw colour. Stand the biscuits on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
- 6To make the passionfruit butter cream, beat the butter and sifted icing sugar mixture in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in the reserved passionfruit juice.
- 7Sandwich biscuits with a teaspoon of the Passionfruit Butter Cream. Dust with a little extra sifted icing sugar, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Jam roll puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Hungarian goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty tagine recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020
- Pumpkin sconesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020