Love melting moments but not a fan of passionfruit? We have classic lemon, chocolate and more to choose from in our melting moments collection.
- 3 passionfruit
- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (80g) soft icing sugar
- 1 2/3 cup (250g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) cornflour
Passionfruit butter cream
- 80 gram butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (100g) soft icing sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately slow 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line three baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Remove pulp from passionfruit, place pulp into a fine sieve and press down with the back of a spoon. You will need 1 tablespoon of passionfruit juice for the Passionfruit Butter Cream.
- 3Beat the butter, vanilla and sifted icing sugar with an electric mixer until pale. Stir in combined sifted flours in two batches then stir in passionfruit pulp.
- 4With lightly floured hands, roll two level teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on oven tray about 3cm apart. Dip a fork into a little extra flour, press biscuits lightly.
- 5Bake in moderately slow oven for about 15 minutes or until biscuits are a pale straw colour. Stand the biscuits on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
- 6To make the passionfruit butter cream, beat the butter and sifted icing sugar mixture in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in the reserved passionfruit juice.
- 7Sandwich biscuits with a teaspoon of the Passionfruit Butter Cream. Dust with a little extra sifted icing sugar, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlYesterday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsYesterday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesJul 05, 2020
- Silverside frittersJul 05, 2020
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyJul 05, 2020
- Perfect pumpkin recipesJul 05, 2020
- Pumpkin pieJul 05, 2020
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020