Love melting moments but not a fan of passionfruit? We have classic lemon, chocolate and more to choose from in our melting moments collection.
- 3 passionfruit
- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (80g) soft icing sugar
- 1 2/3 cup (250g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) cornflour
Passionfruit butter cream
- 80 gram butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (100g) soft icing sugar
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately slow 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line three baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Remove pulp from passionfruit, place pulp into a fine sieve and press down with the back of a spoon. You will need 1 tablespoon of passionfruit juice for the Passionfruit Butter Cream.
- 3Beat the butter, vanilla and sifted icing sugar with an electric mixer until pale. Stir in combined sifted flours in two batches then stir in passionfruit pulp.
- 4With lightly floured hands, roll two level teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on oven tray about 3cm apart. Dip a fork into a little extra flour, press biscuits lightly.
- 5Bake in moderately slow oven for about 15 minutes or until biscuits are a pale straw colour. Stand the biscuits on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
- 6To make the passionfruit butter cream, beat the butter and sifted icing sugar mixture in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in the reserved passionfruit juice.
- 7Sandwich biscuits with a teaspoon of the Passionfruit Butter Cream. Dust with a little extra sifted icing sugar, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am