Passionfruit mango parfait
- 85 gram packet passionfruit-flavoured jelly crystals
- 1 cup (250 millilitres) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 millilitres) passionfruit pulp (6 passionfruit)
- 300 millilitre thickened cream, whipped
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 3/4 cup (430 millilitres) cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (220 grams) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Passionfruit mango parfait
- 1Place jelly crystals in a large heatproof jug. Add boiling water, stir until dissolved. Add passionfruit and 1/3 cup (80 millilitres) cold water. Refrigerate several hours or until set. Make custard and meringue according to instructions.
- 2To assemble, place a few pieces of mango on top of custard in glasses. Spoon a layer of jelly into glasses, top with the meringue mixture, then top with remaining mango pieces. Serve with reserved meringues.
- 3In a medium saucepan, bring cream almost to the boil. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar until light and creamy. Gradually, pour cream over the egg mixture, whisking well. Return the mixture to the pan. Stir with a whisk over a low heat until the custard thickens.
- 4The custard is ready when it coats the back of a wooden spoon; if you dip a wooden spoon in the custard and run your finger along it, a trail should be left. At that point, the custard is thick enough. Divide the custard into 8 x 1/2 cup (375 millilitres capacity) serving glasses. Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- 5Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Draw 8 x 8cm circles on each piece of paper, turn paper over. In a small bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually, add sugar, beating until dissolved between additions. Fold in cornflour, vinegar and vanilla.
- 6Pipe or spoon the meringue onto the circles. Reduce temperature to 120°C/100°C fan-forced. Bake meringues for about 1 1/2 hours or until meringues are dry to touch. Turn oven off; cool meringues in oven.
- 7Crush half the meringues; fold into the whipped cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm