- 2 cup (500ml) milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2/3 cup (160ml) passionfruit pulp
- 300 millilitre thickened (heavy) cream
- 1Bring milk to the boil in a medium saucepan; remove from heat.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually whisk into hot milk. Return to heat, stir over low heat, without boiling, until mixture thickens slightly.
- 3Transfer mixture to a large heatproof jug or bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool, then refrigerate until cold.
- 4Stir passionfruit into cold custard, then stir in cream.
- 5Pour mixture into a shallow cake pan, cover with foil; freeze 3 hours or until almost set.
- 6Beat coarsely chopped ice-cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth; return to cake pan. Cover; freeze until firm
You can also freeze the ice-cream mixture in an ice-cream machine; follow your machine's manufacturer's instructions.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rosé sangriaYesterday 11:53pm
- ChurrosYesterday 2:00pm
- SangriaYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker silverbeet dhalYesterday 10:20am
- SpanakopitaYesterday 6:57am
- Lamb birriaYesterday 6:40am
- Sesame Turkish ring breadsYesterday 3:32am
- 42 brilliant brownie recipesYesterday 2:29am
- Chilli con carneYesterday 2:15am
- 30 easy vegetarian curry recipesYesterday 12:18am
- 23 easy bread recipesMay 18, 2022
- VichyssoiseMay 18, 2022
- Classic margaritaMay 18, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinMay 18, 2022
- Romesco sauceMay 18, 2022