- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) thickened cream, whipped
- 1 medium (85g) green kiwifruit, chopped
- 1 medium (85g) gold kiwifruit, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 60 gram butter, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup (125ml) passionfruit pulp
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately slow (160°C/140°C fan-forced). Grease a 25cm x30cm swiss roll pan; cover the base with baking paper and extend over the two long sides of the pan.
- 2To make passionfruit curd, combine all the ingredients in a medium heatproof bowl (you will need about eight large passionfruit to extract pulp). Place bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water; cook, stirring, for about 15 minutes or until the curd coats the back of a spoon. Cool, then refrigerate until cold.
- 3Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add the sugar, beating until dissolved between additions. Gently fold in the vanilla, vinegar and cornflour. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake on lower shelf for about 20 minutes or until the meringue is set.
- 4Meanwhile, cover a wire rack with a sheet of baking paper. Invert the meringue onto the paper, then remove the lining paper; cool.
- 5Spread cooled meringue with 1/2 cup of the passionfruit curd. Top with cream and kiwifruit. Roll the meringue firmly from the long side, using the baking paper to guide the meringue as it rolls.
- 6Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired. Serve sliced.
If gold kiwifruit is unavailable, substitute with another green kiwitfruit. Not suitable to freeze or microwave. The passionfruit curd makes about 1 1/4 cups (300ml). Use the remaining curd to spread on a sponge cake, toast or scones, or stir through yogurt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020