- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) thickened cream, whipped
- 1 medium (85g) green kiwifruit, chopped
- 1 medium (85g) gold kiwifruit, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 60 gram butter, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup (125ml) passionfruit pulp
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately slow (160°C/140°C fan-forced). Grease a 25cm x30cm swiss roll pan; cover the base with baking paper and extend over the two long sides of the pan.
- 2To make passionfruit curd, combine all the ingredients in a medium heatproof bowl (you will need about eight large passionfruit to extract pulp). Place bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water; cook, stirring, for about 15 minutes or until the curd coats the back of a spoon. Cool, then refrigerate until cold.
- 3Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add the sugar, beating until dissolved between additions. Gently fold in the vanilla, vinegar and cornflour. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake on lower shelf for about 20 minutes or until the meringue is set.
- 4Meanwhile, cover a wire rack with a sheet of baking paper. Invert the meringue onto the paper, then remove the lining paper; cool.
- 5Spread cooled meringue with 1/2 cup of the passionfruit curd. Top with cream and kiwifruit. Roll the meringue firmly from the long side, using the baking paper to guide the meringue as it rolls.
- 6Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired. Serve sliced.
If gold kiwifruit is unavailable, substitute with another green kiwitfruit. Not suitable to freeze or microwave. The passionfruit curd makes about 1 1/4 cups (300ml). Use the remaining curd to spread on a sponge cake, toast or scones, or stir through yogurt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019