- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) thickened cream, whipped
- 1 medium (85g) green kiwifruit, chopped
- 1 medium (85g) gold kiwifruit, chopped
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 60 gram butter, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup (125ml) passionfruit pulp
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately slow (160°C/140°C fan-forced). Grease a 25cm x30cm swiss roll pan; cover the base with baking paper and extend over the two long sides of the pan.
- 2To make passionfruit curd, combine all the ingredients in a medium heatproof bowl (you will need about eight large passionfruit to extract pulp). Place bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water; cook, stirring, for about 15 minutes or until the curd coats the back of a spoon. Cool, then refrigerate until cold.
- 3Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add the sugar, beating until dissolved between additions. Gently fold in the vanilla, vinegar and cornflour. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake on lower shelf for about 20 minutes or until the meringue is set.
- 4Meanwhile, cover a wire rack with a sheet of baking paper. Invert the meringue onto the paper, then remove the lining paper; cool.
- 5Spread cooled meringue with 1/2 cup of the passionfruit curd. Top with cream and kiwifruit. Roll the meringue firmly from the long side, using the baking paper to guide the meringue as it rolls.
- 6Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired. Serve sliced.
If gold kiwifruit is unavailable, substitute with another green kiwitfruit. Not suitable to freeze or microwave. The passionfruit curd makes about 1 1/4 cups (300ml). Use the remaining curd to spread on a sponge cake, toast or scones, or stir through yogurt.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019