- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 80 gram unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon chilled water, approximately
- 24 fresh raspberries (85g), torn
- 2 tablespoon toasted coconut chips
- 2 tablespoon passionfruit pulp
- 1/4 cup (60ml) passionfruit pulp
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 60 gram unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1Process flour, sugar and butter in a food processor until crumbly; add egg yolk and enough of the water to make ingredients just come together. Bring dough together on a floured surface until smooth. Wrap pastry in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, make passionfruit curd: Press passionfruit pulp in a sieve over a small heavy-based saucepan. Add half the seeds to the pan; discard remaining seeds.
- 3Add remaining curd ingredients to pan; cook, stirring, over low heat, for 7 minutes or until mixture thickens. Do not boil. Transfer to a bowl; cover, cool. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until cold and thick.
- 4Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-hole (1½ tablespoon) shallow round-based patty pan. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick.
- 5Prick pastry all over with a fork. Cut out 12 x 7cm rounds from pastry; press rounds into pan holes. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 6Bake pastry cases for 15 minutes or until browned lightly; cool.
- 7Fill pastry cases with passionfruit curd. Top with raspberries, coconut and passionfruit.
You will need about 5 fresh passionfruit for this recipe. For a short-cut, use purchased pastry cases, available from large supermarkets. Curd can be made several days ahead; keep covered in the fridge. Pastry cases can be made 2 days ahead; store in an airtight container at room temperature or freeze for up to 3 months. For transporting, pack pastry cases, curd, raspberries, coconut and passionfruit separately. Assemble just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Potato Salad RecipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheAug 05, 2020
- Classic sconesAug 05, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020