- 1.5 kilogram potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) pouring cream
- 150 gram butter
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1Cook whole unpeeled potatoes in large saucepan of simmering salted water until tender; drain. Peel potatoes.
- 2Push warm potatoes, in batches, through fine mouli, potato ricer or fine sieve into same pan.
- 3Heat milk, cream and butter in large saucepan until simmering. Remove from heat.
- 4Stir potato with a wooden spoon, over low heat, 1 minute. Gradually stir in cream mixture, beating until mash is smooth. Season to taste.