- ¼ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets (1.6kg), skin removed
- 1 medium onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 large green capsicum (bell pepper) (350g), chopped finely
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- ⅓ cup (80g) crème fraîche
- fresh micro herbs, to serve (optional)
- 1Place flour in a large bowl; season.
- 2Heat oil in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker on sear (HIGH) setting. Coat chicken in flour; shake off excess. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes on each side or until browned all over. Remove from cooker.
- 3Add onion, capsicum, chilli and paprika to cooker; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add paste and the water; stir to combine. Return chicken to cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 4 hours. Transfer chicken to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
- 4Stir crème fraîche into cooker. Increase heat to reduce setting (on HIGH); simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season to taste. Return chicken to cooker; coat in sauce.
- 5Serve chicken with sauce, sprinkled with micro herbs, if you like.
Serve with cooked egg noodles, pasta or mashed potato
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- Arancini with tomato and balsamic sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm