- 750 gram mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 panettone (about 1.1kg)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange-flavoured liqueur
- 750 gram fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoon icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 1Make mascarpone filling: Combine cheese and sifted sugar in a large bowl. Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into cheese mixture, in two batches.
- 2Place base of panettone onto serving plate. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of liqueur; spread with one-third of filling and scatter with one-third of the raspberries. Top with another slice of panettone. Repeat to make another two layers, finishing with mascarpone filling. Refrigerate, loosely covered.
- 3Remove panettone from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Top with remaining raspberries; dust with sifted icing sugar.
Store the reserved panettone in plastic wrap and toast for breakfast. We used grand marnier in this recipe but you could use any citrus-flavoured liqueur you like. This dessert is best made the day before or up to 5 hours before serving to allow the flavours to develop. You can make it with all kinds of seasonal fruit – mixed berries, sliced peaches, plums, nectarines or mango would all work well.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019