- 750 gram mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 panettone (about 1.1kg)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange-flavoured liqueur
- 750 gram fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoon icing sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 1Make mascarpone filling: Combine cheese and sifted sugar in a large bowl. Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into cheese mixture, in two batches.
- 2Place base of panettone onto serving plate. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of liqueur; spread with one-third of filling and scatter with one-third of the raspberries. Top with another slice of panettone. Repeat to make another two layers, finishing with mascarpone filling. Refrigerate, loosely covered.
- 3Remove panettone from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Top with remaining raspberries; dust with sifted icing sugar.
Store the reserved panettone in plastic wrap and toast for breakfast. We used grand marnier in this recipe but you could use any citrus-flavoured liqueur you like. This dessert is best made the day before or up to 5 hours before serving to allow the flavours to develop. You can make it with all kinds of seasonal fruit – mixed berries, sliced peaches, plums, nectarines or mango would all work well.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 lovely lentil recipesToday 12:40am
- Grilled haloumi, white nectarine & kohlrabi saladYesterday 2:04am
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019