- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (250g) mascarpone
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) strong coffee
- 2 tablespoon marsala
- 200 gram panettone
- 1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds, toasted
- 240 gram fresh raspberries
- icing sugar, to serve
- 1Combine egg yolks, mascarpone, liqueur and sugar in a large bowl.
- 2Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Lightly fold into mascarpone mixture until combined.
- 3Combine coffee and marsala in a bowl.
- 4Spoon one-third of mascarpone mixture over base of a 2-litre (8-cup) serving bowl or dish.
- 5Tear half the panettone into bite-sized pieces; dip briefly into coffee mixture. Place over mascarpone mixture in dish. Repeat layers, ending with a mascarpone layer. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 6Spoon into serving bowls; top with almonds and raspberries. Dust with sifted icing sugar.
Panettone is a type of sweet bread loaf, originally from Milan, that is usually enjoyed during the festive season.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chicken rissolesNov 30, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceNov 30, 2021
- White choc-mint candy cane barkNov 30, 2021
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 29, 2021
- Four ways with stuffingNov 29, 2021
- Festive walnut shortbreadNov 29, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchNov 29, 2021
- Our best-ever chicken burgerNov 29, 2021