- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 7 gram sachet yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup glace pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoon mixed peel
- 4 cup plain flour
- 60 gram butter, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind
- 1 teaspoon gelatine
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1In a medium jug, combine milk, yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar. Leave in a warm place for 8-10 minutes, until mixture is frothy.
- 2In a large bowl, combine sultanas, craisins, pineapple, rum and mixed peel.
- 3Meanwhile, sift flour into a large bowl. Stir through remaining sugar.
- 4Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Stir in butter eggs, yolks, oil, rind, yeast mixture and fruit mixture. Mix to a soft dough.
- 5Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, until smooth. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for about 40 minutes, until doubled in size.
- 6Meanwhile, preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Grease 12 holes of 2 x 8-hole petite loaf pans.
- 7Punch dough down once with fist to release gas. Knead lightly. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Place into prepared holes. Cover and prove for 20 minutes, until doubled in size.
- 8GLAZE: Meanwhile, in small jug, whisk gelatine briskly into hot water with a fork until dissolved. Cool slightly.
- 9Bake panettone for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a wire rack. Brush tops with gelatine mixture and sprinkle with sugar. Cool.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020