Just five ingredients are need to turn out these basic fluffy buttermilk pancakes. Add a drizzle of maple syrup to finish for an easy and delicious breakfast pancake recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 50 gram melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1Beat eggs and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick; stir in buttermilk and butter.
- 2Sift self-raising flour into a large bowl; whisk in egg mixture until smooth. Stand batter 15 minutes.
- 3Heat a heavy-based medium frying pan over medium heat; brush pan with a little melted butter. Pour ¼ cup of batter into pan; cook until bubbles appear on surface. Turn pancake; cook until browned lightly. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 4Repeat with remaining batter and more melted butter. Drizzle with maple syrup.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm