Just five ingredients are need to turn out these basic fluffy buttermilk pancakes. Add a drizzle of maple syrup to finish for an easy and delicious breakfast pancake recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 50 gram melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1Beat eggs and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until thick; stir in buttermilk and butter.
- 2Sift self-raising flour into a large bowl; whisk in egg mixture until smooth. Stand batter 15 minutes.
- 3Heat a heavy-based medium frying pan over medium heat; brush pan with a little melted butter. Pour ¼ cup of batter into pan; cook until bubbles appear on surface. Turn pancake; cook until browned lightly. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 4Repeat with remaining batter and more melted butter. Drizzle with maple syrup.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021