Panang lamb curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1.5 kilogram boneless lamb shoulder,cut into 5cm (2-inch) pieces
- 1/2 cup (150g) panang curry paste
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) coconut cream
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (65g) palm sugar, grated
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 225 gram canned sliced bambooshoots, rinsed, drained
- 1 small_piece red capsicum (bell pepper) (150g),sliced thinly
- 200 gram green beans, trimmed,halved
- 1/2 cup fresh corianderleaves (cilantro), loosely packed
Panang lamb curry
- 1Heat oil in large frying pan, cook lamb, in batches, until browned. Transfer to 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker.
- 2Add paste to same pan, cook, stirring, about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add coconut cream, sauce, sugar, peanut butter and lime leaves, bring to the boil. Transfer to cooker.
- 3Cook, covered, on low, 3½ hours. Add bamboo shoots, capsicum and beans to cooker, cook, covered, on low, about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste.
- 4Serve curry sprinkled with coriander.
Panang curry has a distinct peanut flavour, the addition of peanut butter helps to bring out the flavour when using a bought paste. To reduce the fat content of this recipe, use coconut milk or light coconut milk.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021