- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1.5 kilogram boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1/2 cup (150g) panang curry paste
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) coconut cream
- 1 cup (250ml) beef or chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (65g) grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 225 gram canned, sliced bamboo shoots, drained, rinsed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 200 gram green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander
- 1Heat oil in a large flameproof dish; cook lamb, in batches, until browned. Return all lamb to pan.
- 2Add paste to same pan; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in coconut cream, stock, sauce, sugar, peanut butter and lime leaves; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 2 hours or until lamb is tender.
- 3Add bamboo shoots, capsicum and beans to dish; cook, covered, for a further 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste.
- 4Serve curry topped with coriander.
You can reduce the fat content of this recipe by using coconut milk or light coconut milk, instead of the coconut cream. If the curry is too thin at the end of the cooking time, simmer, uncovered, until thickened. If too thick, stir in extra coconut cream or stock. This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty tagine recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- Jam roll puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020
- Peach galetteMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Banana cake recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020