- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (60g) panang curry paste (see tips, below)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 gram ling fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 500 gram uncooked medium king prawns
- 250 gram scallops
- 200 gram snake beans, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup loosely packed thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (70g) coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 1Place coconut milk, paste, sauce, sugar and lime leaves in wok; simmer, stirring, about 15 minutes or until mixture reduces by a third.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan; cook seafood, in batches, until just changed in colour. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 3Add beans and seafood to curry mixture; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until beans are just tender and seafood is cooked as desired.
- 4Serve curry sprinkled with basil, nuts and sliced chilli.
Panang is the English adaptation of the Thai word "phanoeng" or "panaeng" meaning curry. The paste is a complex, sweet and milder variation of an authentic Thai red curry paste, which is especially good with seafood. Some commercially prepared curry pastes can vary in heat and flavour. Add less than recommended until you can determine how hot it makes the final dish and to suit your spice level tolerance. Kaffir lime leaves, aromatic leaves of a citrus tree, are used similarly to bay leaves or curry leaves. They are available from Asian food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Braised beef brisketMay 28, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Pressure Cooker Beef BourguignonMay 28, 2020
- All of our best nachos recipesMay 28, 2020