- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (60g) panang curry paste (see tips, below)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 gram ling fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 500 gram uncooked medium king prawns
- 250 gram scallops
- 200 gram snake beans, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup loosely packed thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (70g) coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
- 1Place coconut milk, paste, sauce, sugar and lime leaves in wok; simmer, stirring, about 15 minutes or until mixture reduces by a third.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in large frying pan; cook seafood, in batches, until just changed in colour. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 3Add beans and seafood to curry mixture; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until beans are just tender and seafood is cooked as desired.
- 4Serve curry sprinkled with basil, nuts and sliced chilli.
Panang is the English adaptation of the Thai word "phanoeng" or "panaeng" meaning curry. The paste is a complex, sweet and milder variation of an authentic Thai red curry paste, which is especially good with seafood. Some commercially prepared curry pastes can vary in heat and flavour. Add less than recommended until you can determine how hot it makes the final dish and to suit your spice level tolerance. Kaffir lime leaves, aromatic leaves of a citrus tree, are used similarly to bay leaves or curry leaves. They are available from Asian food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020