- 2 small shallots, chopped finely
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoon finely crushed pink peppercorns
- 1½ teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 24 oysters on the half shell
- 1Divide shallots between two small serving bowls. Add red wine vinegar and pink peppercorns to one bowl.
- 2Add white wine vinegar and chives to second bowl.
- 3Just before serving, spoon dressings over 12 oysters each.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.Buy oysters up to a day ahead; store covered with damp paper towel, then a tea towel in the fridge. Cover opened oysters with plastic wrap.
extra express Serve oysters natural, placed on a bed of ice with a grinding of black pepper and lemon halves wrapped in muslin for a decorative touch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020