- 2 small shallots, chopped finely
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoon finely crushed pink peppercorns
- 1½ teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 24 oysters on the half shell
- 1Divide shallots between two small serving bowls. Add red wine vinegar and pink peppercorns to one bowl.
- 2Add white wine vinegar and chives to second bowl.
- 3Just before serving, spoon dressings over 12 oysters each.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.Buy oysters up to a day ahead; store covered with damp paper towel, then a tea towel in the fridge. Cover opened oysters with plastic wrap.
extra express Serve oysters natural, placed on a bed of ice with a grinding of black pepper and lemon halves wrapped in muslin for a decorative touch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- 18 vegetarian lasagne recipesJul 22, 2021
- Very green veggie curryJul 21, 2021
- Spiced vegetable biryaniJul 21, 2021
- Cherry lattice pies for your pie makerJul 21, 2021
- Chicken and vegetable risottoJul 21, 2021