- 2 small shallots, chopped finely
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoon finely crushed pink peppercorns
- 1½ teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 24 oysters on the half shell
- 1Divide shallots between two small serving bowls. Add red wine vinegar and pink peppercorns to one bowl.
- 2Add white wine vinegar and chives to second bowl.
- 3Just before serving, spoon dressings over 12 oysters each.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.Buy oysters up to a day ahead; store covered with damp paper towel, then a tea towel in the fridge. Cover opened oysters with plastic wrap.
extra express Serve oysters natural, placed on a bed of ice with a grinding of black pepper and lemon halves wrapped in muslin for a decorative touch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesToday 1:33am
- DukkahYesterday 11:00pm
- Mocha mi suYesterday 1:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Crackling hamYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make buttercream icing for cakes and cupcakesYesterday 1:11am
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- Millionaire's shortbreadDec 09, 2019
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingDec 09, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 08, 2019