Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas?
- 5 medium green-skinned apples (750g)
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 250 g (8oz) strawberries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1Using a juicer, juice 3 apples; you will need 1 cup of juice.
- 2Place oats, milk and apple juice in a large bowl; stir to combine. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 3Coarsely grate 1 apple. Cut remaining apple into matchsticks. Fold grated apple into oat mixture.
- 4Thinly slice 4 strawberries; reserve to serve. Slice remaining strawberries; place in a medium bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mash strawberries until crushed coarsely. Stir in maple syrup.
- 5Layer the muddled strawberries and oat mixture in a shallow serving dish or four 1½ cup (375ml) glasses, finishing with some of the muddled strawberries. Serve topped with the apple matchsticks and reserved sliced strawberries.
Instead of making your own apple juice use a store-bought cloudy apple juice, if you prefer. Make double the oat mixture to eat during the week; store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Layer with different fruit each day.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021