Orchard muesli slice
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup natural flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried pear or peach
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut, extra
Orchard muesli slice
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced) Grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan; line base with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm over long sides of the pan.
- 2Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Place coconut oil and syrup in a small saucepan; cook, stirring, over medium- high heat, until coconut oil has melted. Remove from heat and stir in extract.
- 4Add the coconut oil mixture to the dry mixture; stir thoroughly to combine (the mixture will be quite stiff, you may need to use clean hands to combine well). Spoon mixture into pan, pressing down firmly with a spatula or damp hands to level. Sprinkle with extra coconut.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Turn off oven; leave slice in oven for a further 5 minutes to dry out slightly. Remove from oven; leave slice in pan for 15 minutes.
- 6Use the baking paper to help lift the slice onto a wire rack. Cool completely. Remove paper and cut into 15 pieces.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020