Orange syrup cake
- 185 gram unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 oranges, finely grated zest
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoon pistachio nuts, chopped, toasted
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 oranges, juiced
Orange syrup cake
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line a 20cm cake pan with baking paper.
- 2Place butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed 1-2 minutes, until creamy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat 3-4 minutes, until thick, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in combined sifted flour and baking powder, almond meal, nuts and zest.
- 4Pour into cake pan, smoothing top. Bake 35-40 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan on rack.
- 5To make syrup: combine sugar and juice in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and simmer 30 seconds without stirring.
- 6Turn cake out onto rack then invert onto a serving plate. Slowly spoon half the syrup over and sprinkle with nuts. Serve with remaining syrup.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardYesterday 2:44am
- Cottage pieMay 23, 2022
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeMay 23, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaMay 23, 2022
- Shortbread buttonsMay 23, 2022
- 20 sensational schnitzelsMay 23, 2022
- Winter vegetable bake with tahini-seed crumbleMay 23, 2022
- Italian chicken schnitzelMay 23, 2022