- 6 kilogram (12-pound) cooked leg of ham
- 2 small oranges (360g), halved and sliced
- whole cloves, to decorate
- 1/2 cup (170g) orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup (180ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (50g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon cointreau or grand marnier
- 1Make a decorative cut through ham rind about 10cm (4-inch) from the shank end of leg. Make a shallow cut down centre of ham from one end to the other. Place ham on roasting rack or basket, or in a disposable baking dish. Cook ham in heated covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, 45 minutes or until skin begins to split. Remove from barbecue; cool 15 minutes.
- 2To make orange glaze; stir ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until marmalade melts.
- 3Peel skin away from ham carefully, leaving shank end intact; discard skin. Do not cut through surface of top fat or fat will spread during cooking.
- 4Position orange slices in a decorative pattern on ham, securing with toothpicks; push cloves into slices. Wrap shank in foil; brush ham with orange glaze.
- 5Cook ham in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, brushing occasionally with glaze, 1 hour or until orange slices are lightly caramelised and ham is heated through.
The glaze can be made ahead of time.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pasta al forno - Italian sausage pasta bakeToday 7:48am
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Lattice biscuit citrus cheesecakeToday 6:00am
- Hoot hoot horray owl birthday cakeToday 5:26am
- Cauliflower and parsley saladToday 2:56am
- Impressive no-bake cheesecakes to finish a mealToday 1:13am
- Easy lemon cheesecakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low fat beef sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020