- 6 kilogram (12-pound) cooked leg of ham
- 2 small oranges (360g), halved and sliced
- whole cloves, to decorate
- 1/2 cup (170g) orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup (180ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (50g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon cointreau or grand marnier
- 1Make a decorative cut through ham rind about 10cm (4-inch) from the shank end of leg. Make a shallow cut down centre of ham from one end to the other. Place ham on roasting rack or basket, or in a disposable baking dish. Cook ham in heated covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, 45 minutes or until skin begins to split. Remove from barbecue; cool 15 minutes.
- 2To make orange glaze; stir ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until marmalade melts.
- 3Peel skin away from ham carefully, leaving shank end intact; discard skin. Do not cut through surface of top fat or fat will spread during cooking.
- 4Position orange slices in a decorative pattern on ham, securing with toothpicks; push cloves into slices. Wrap shank in foil; brush ham with orange glaze.
- 5Cook ham in covered barbecue, using indirect heat, following manufacturer's instructions, brushing occasionally with glaze, 1 hour or until orange slices are lightly caramelised and ham is heated through.
The glaze can be made ahead of time.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021