- 150 gram butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (120g) icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm-round deep cake pan.
- 2In a medium bowl beat butter, rind, caster sugar, eggs, flour and milk with an electric mixer at low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium, beat about 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- 3Spread mixture into pan. Bake 40 minutes. Stand cake 5 minutes; turn, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Combine sifted icing sugar and juice in small bowl; spread over cake, sprinkle with coconut.
When making any cake by the quick-mix, one-bowl method, you should start by having the butter, eggs and milk at room temperature. You might also like to bake this cake in a loaf pan; line the pan base and bake the cake about 50 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salted honeycombMay 24, 2019
- Chorizo and tomato omelette with chilli beansMay 23, 2019
- Croque monsieurMay 22, 2019
- Osso buco with gremolataMay 22, 2019
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019