- 150 gram butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (120g) icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm-round deep cake pan.
- 2In a medium bowl beat butter, rind, caster sugar, eggs, flour and milk with an electric mixer at low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium, beat about 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- 3Spread mixture into pan. Bake 40 minutes. Stand cake 5 minutes; turn, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Combine sifted icing sugar and juice in small bowl; spread over cake, sprinkle with coconut.
When making any cake by the quick-mix, one-bowl method, you should start by having the butter, eggs and milk at room temperature. You might also like to bake this cake in a loaf pan; line the pan base and bake the cake about 50 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019