- 1/4 cup (20g) flaked almonds
- 30 gram butter
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated
- 3/4 cup (110g) frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 3/4 cup (180ml) boiling water
- 1Grease shallow 1.5-litre (6-cup) microwave-safe dish.
- 2Place nuts in small microwave-safe bowl, cook, uncovered, in microwave oven on HIGH (100%) about 2 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 3Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl, cook, uncovered, in microwave oven on HIGH (100%) 30 seconds. Add flour, milk and half of the sugar, whisk until smooth. Stir in rind and raspberries, spread into prepared dish.
- 4Sprinkle remaining sugar over raspberry mixture, carefully pour over combined juice and boiling water.
- 5Place pudding on microwave-safe rack, cook, uncovered, in microwave oven on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%-80%) about 12 minutes. Stand 5 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle pudding with nuts. Serve with cream or ice-cream, if desired.
If cooking in a conventional oven, grease 1.5-litre (6-cup) ovenproof dish. Bake, uncovered, in moderately hot oven about 20 minutes. This recipe is best made close to serving. This quick and easy version of the classic recipe does not require pots or pans, so it's the perfect dessert for pudding lovers with no time to waste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cheese and silverbeet borekYesterday 2:00pm
- 42 perfect puddingsYesterday 2:00pm
- 39 amazing avocado recipes that are more than just guac or smashYesterday 12:59am
- 35 very vegetarian pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 44 perfect pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 41 creative ideas with cabbageJun 28, 2022
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesJun 28, 2022
- Chicken and fennel tray bakeJun 28, 2022
- Soft polentaJun 28, 2022
- Shaved cabbage with pecorino balsamicJun 28, 2022
- Princess-themed birthday cakesJun 28, 2022
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022