- 1/4 cup (20g) flaked almonds
- 30 gram butter
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated
- 3/4 cup (110g) frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 3/4 cup (180ml) boiling water
- 1Grease shallow 1.5-litre (6-cup) microwave-safe dish.
- 2Place nuts in small microwave-safe bowl, cook, uncovered, in microwave oven on HIGH (100%) about 2 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 3Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl, cook, uncovered, in microwave oven on HIGH (100%) 30 seconds. Add flour, milk and half of the sugar, whisk until smooth. Stir in rind and raspberries, spread into prepared dish.
- 4Sprinkle remaining sugar over raspberry mixture, carefully pour over combined juice and boiling water.
- 5Place pudding on microwave-safe rack, cook, uncovered, in microwave oven on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%-80%) about 12 minutes. Stand 5 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle pudding with nuts. Serve with cream or ice-cream, if desired.
If cooking in a conventional oven, grease 1.5-litre (6-cup) ovenproof dish. Bake, uncovered, in moderately hot oven about 20 minutes. This recipe is best made close to serving. This quick and easy version of the classic recipe does not require pots or pans, so it's the perfect dessert for pudding lovers with no time to waste.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021