- 90 gram butter
- 3 red onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped semi-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 4 eggs, poached
- 1Melt butter in a small frying pan on low heat. Cook onion gently for 15 minutes until beginning to brown. Stir in sour cream, tomato and thyme.
- 2Preheat oven to hot, 200°C. Cut four 12cm rounds from pastry and arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- 3Prick each round with a fork and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and spread evenly with onion mixture.
- 4Bake for a further 8-10 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve topped with a poached egg (see notes).
To poach an egg, bring a shallow saucepan of water to the boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar. Stir to create a whirlpool. Break egg onto a plate and slide into water. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021