Olive oil marmalade cake
- 3/4 cup (160ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (285g) cane-sugar free marmalade
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1 cup (120g) ground almonds
- 2/3 cup (100g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 1 medium orange (240g)
- 2/3 cup (160ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/4 cup (85g) rice malt syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
olive oil marmalade cake
- 1Don’t worry if the bark has a slight whitish look to it, this is simply the coconut fat, but it won’t affect the taste. Because of the low melting point of the coconut oil, the bark should always be stored in the fridge otherwise it will be too soft to handle.
- 2Beat oil and marmalade in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
- 3Sift ground almonds, flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add almond mixture and orange juice to marmalade mixture; beat on low speed until just combined.
- 4Spread mixture into pan. Bake cake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 5Stand cake in pan for 30 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack.
- 6Stand cake in pan for 30 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack.
- 7Meanwhile, make orange syrup: Combine rind and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat; cool syrup for 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and cloves.
- 8Pierce the top of the cake randomly with a cake skewer. Slowly pour the warm syrup over the cake, allowing the syrup to be absorbed into cake. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021