- 12 thick (1.8kg) beef sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 4 medium (800g) potatoes, unpeeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1 cup (120g) froze peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 1Place sausages in a large saucepan, add enough cold water to cover sausages; bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, about 2 minutes; drain.
- 2Heat oil in same pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add curry powder; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes, stock and the water.
- 3Place potatoes in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; top with sausages and onion mixture. Cook, covered, on low, about 8 hours.
- 4Stir in peas and sultanas. Season to taste.
Not suitable to freeze.
Suggested to be served with crusty bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021