- 12 thick (1.8kg) beef sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 4 medium (800g) potatoes, unpeeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1 cup (120g) froze peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 1Place sausages in a large saucepan, add enough cold water to cover sausages; bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, about 2 minutes; drain.
- 2Heat oil in same pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add curry powder; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes, stock and the water.
- 3Place potatoes in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; top with sausages and onion mixture. Cook, covered, on low, about 8 hours.
- 4Stir in peas and sultanas. Season to taste.
Not suitable to freeze.
Suggested to be served with crusty bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm