- 800 gram good-quality thick beef sausages
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large (600g) brown onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 400 millilitre can apricot nectar
- 400 gram can crushed tomatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Place sausages on a baking paper-lined oven tray; bake for 15 minutes or until sausages are browned and almost cooked through. Slice sausages diagonally into 1cm pieces.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium heavy-based saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the curry powder and stir for another minute.
- 3Add flour to onion; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in a little of the apricot nectar and stir until thickened. Gradually add the remaining nectar, stirring. Add the tomatoes and the chutney. Season to taste. Add the sausages to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Serve with steamed green beans, if desired.