- 12 thick (1.8kg) beef sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 4 medium (800g) potatoes, unpeeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1 cup (120g) froze peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 1Place sausages in a large saucepan, add enough cold water to cover sausages; bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, about 2 minutes; drain.
- 2Heat oil in same pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add curry powder; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes, stock and the water.
- 3Place potatoes in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; top with sausages and onion mixture. Cook, covered, on low, about 8 hours.
- 4Stir in peas and sultanas. Season to taste.
Not suitable to freeze.
Suggested to be served with crusty bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021