- 12 thick (1.8kg) beef sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 4 medium (800g) potatoes, unpeeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1 cup (120g) froze peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 1Place sausages in a large saucepan, add enough cold water to cover sausages; bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, about 2 minutes; drain.
- 2Heat oil in same pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add curry powder; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes, stock and the water.
- 3Place potatoes in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; top with sausages and onion mixture. Cook, covered, on low, about 8 hours.
- 4Stir in peas and sultanas. Season to taste.
Not suitable to freeze.
Suggested to be served with crusty bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022