- 800 gram good-quality thick beef sausages
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large (600g) brown onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 400 millilitre can apricot nectar
- 400 gram can crushed tomatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Place sausages on a baking paper-lined oven tray; bake for 15 minutes or until sausages are browned and almost cooked through. Slice sausages diagonally into 1cm pieces.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium heavy-based saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the curry powder and stir for another minute.
- 3Add flour to onion; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in a little of the apricot nectar and stir until thickened. Gradually add the remaining nectar, stirring. Add the tomatoes and the chutney. Season to taste. Add the sausages to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Serve with steamed green beans, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Raspberry and custard tea cakeJun 24, 2019
- Lamb kebabs on rosemary skewersJun 23, 2019
- Apricot bliss ballsJun 23, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJun 21, 2019
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesJun 19, 2019
- 19 indulgent dark chocolate recipesJun 19, 2019
- 12 lovely lentil recipesJun 19, 2019
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019