- 12 thick (1.8kg) beef sausages
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium (300g) brown onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 4 medium (800g) potatoes, unpeeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1 cup (120g) froze peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 1Place sausages in a large saucepan, add enough cold water to cover sausages; bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, about 2 minutes; drain.
- 2Heat oil in same pan; cook onion, stirring, until softened. Add curry powder; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes, stock and the water.
- 3Place potatoes in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker; top with sausages and onion mixture. Cook, covered, on low, about 8 hours.
- 4Stir in peas and sultanas. Season to taste.
Not suitable to freeze.
Suggested to be served with crusty bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Iced vovosSep 16, 2021
- Salmon pattiesSep 16, 2021
- Picnic food ideasSep 16, 2021
- Sri Lankan potato and pea currySep 16, 2021
- Japanese katsu chicken currySep 16, 2021
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021